We’ve officially entered week two of no Disney Parks. To keep the magic alive, and our bellies full, we’ve been working on making some of our favorite Walt Disney World dishes at home. You can find all of our recipes here.
We decided to give one of our favorite sandwiches a shot, the Lighthouse Sandwich from Columbia Harbour House in Magic Kingdom. This is a great option for lunch, at the parks or at home, and it’s a nice refreshing meal on a hot day. The sandwich previously wasn’t vegan, but when the plant-based push happened in October of 2019 they updated the sandwich to be vegan as is!
This is a super simple option, which makes it great for making at home. The sandwich is on a multigrain bread, which you can use your favorite bread at home, and has hummus, broccoli slaw, and tomatoes. Let’s dig in!
Copycat Lighthouse Sandwich
The recipe takes about 5 minutes to make.
Makes as many sandwiches as you want!
- Bag of Broccoli/Carrot Mix (or make your own by shredding carrots and broccoli)
- Vegan Honey Mustard, Follow Your Heart recommended
- Hummus, from the store or make your own (recipe below)
- Tomato, sliced
- Bread of your choosing, Multigrain recommended
- 1/3 C Tahini
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 TSP Ground Cumin
- 3/4 TSP Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Medium Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
- Juice of 1 lemon (2–3 tablespoons)
- 8-9 TBSP Water (to desired thickness)
Throw all ingredients into blender, set aside
- Mix desired amount of broccoli mix with Honey Mustard (totally up to you, just add more as needed, if you need more instructions, for a 12oz bag 1/4 -1/3 cup of dressing should be fine)
- Pop bread in toaster for a slight toast
- Slather hummus on bread
- Add the slaw and sliced tomato to the sandwich
- Take a bite and imagine you’re in Columbia Harbour House
- Slaw keeps well in fridge for leftover sammies