With the parks being closed we figured it’s a good time to recreate another one of our favorite dishes at Walt Disney World. The Perkins Thai Noodles can be found at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen at Disney’s Magic Kingdom. The dish, as of October 2019, is vegan as is. This remains one of our absolutely favorite entree’s we’ve had in the parks. It is on the spicy side, so the best part about making it at home means you can make it as spicy, or not, as you need!
Copycat Perkins Thai Noodles
The recipe takes about 30 minutes to make.
Depending on serving size, this makes about 4 servings.
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Sambal (adjust if you don’t like spicy)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (adjust if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce (we use Low Sodium)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Scallions, chopped
- 1 Package Rice Noodles
- Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
- Red Pepper, chopped
- Green Pepper, chopped
- Yellow Pepper, chopped
- Snap Peas
- Press Tofu
- Add all sauce ingredients to pot, let simmer
- Cook Noodles according to package, set aside
- Sautee Veggies and tofu
- Add noodles and toppings to bowl, top with desired amount of sauce
- Keep leftover sauce in fridge for killer leftovers
Let us know what you think about the recipe in the comments! Did you do a different topping? What was it?