Well Florida is officially going into a Stay-At-Home Order for 30 days starting tonight. With that being said, and the parks being closed “until further notice”, I don’t think we’ll be enjoying any park food or attractions anytime soon. So let’s keep making some of our favorites at home!
During the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival this year and last, there has been a great dessert at the Trowel & Trellis booth. The Chocolate Pudding Terrarium is totally vegan as is, and is an avocado based pudding! The base is a cookie-like crumble, then it is topped with Matcha powder and edible flowers.
This recipe is super easy to make, and makes a great dessert! We aren’t sure what they use for the bottom of the terrarium so we decided to use a double chocolate Lenny & Larry’s cookie. I imagine if you’re looking to keep it gluten free, you could go with an Enjoy Life double chocolate soft baked cookie.
Copycat Chocolate Pudding Terrarium
The recipe takes about 10 minutes to make.
Makes about 4 servings
- 2 Ripe Medium-sized Avocados
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder (processed with alkali or Dutch) (you can do 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/4 cup melted chocolate chips, we just use cocoa powder but if you want it more rich add some melted chocolate)
- 3 tbsp Milk Alternative
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Matcha Powder
- Edible Flowers (if you want to be extra)
- Soft vegan chocolate cookie, we used Lenny & Larry’s Double Chocolate Cookie
- Pulse cookie(s) in blender or food processor until it is a crumble or fine powder, divide into bowls. You can choose your consistency but Epcot’s is more of a powder.
- Add all pudding ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add pudding to bowls on top of cookie powder, sprinkle matcha powder and place edible flowers.
Thank you for this recipe. It was my favorite thing at the Flower & Garden show this year. While there, I asked at the kiosk what was on the bottom. They called the chef who told them it was “cookie crumble.” My guess is something like Oreo crumble.As soon as I can get some avocado, I’ll try out the recipe.