It’s day 137 of quarantine, at least it feels like it, and we’re filling our time with lots of fun as a family and doing one of our favorite things, making food! One of the top dishes we know so many of our readers love is the ‘Totchos’ from Woody’s Lunch Box in Hollywood Studios, so we figured we’d throw together a recipe (if you want to call it that) for how we make it at home!
Now the ‘Totchos’ at Woody’s Lunch Box are not vegan as is, they require a few modifications, which means you can change that at home to make them more authentic. The normal ‘Totchos’ come with a meat chili, queso, cheese, and sour cream. When you get them vegan they have a vegan chili and vegan cheese shreds, but no queso or sour cream. We’ve never had the queso they have here, so we don’t know what it tastes like. That is not in this recipe, BUT if you can let us know what it tastes like we’d be happy to try and recreate it and add it to this recipe.
For the sour cream, I prefer to make my own. But if you’re not into that, the Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream would be a good swap. Most of (like 95% of this recipe) is basically store bought as is which makes this the easiest thing to make when you’re missing the parks! Here is our review from when Woody’s Lunch Box first opened in 2018.
The recipe takes about 15 minutes to make.
Makes about 4 servings
For Basic Totchos
- 2 Cans of vegan chili (we prefer Amy’s)
- Frozen Tater Tots
- Shredded vegan cheese (Disney uses Daiya)
- Corn Chips
- Green Onions
- 12oz box Silken Tofu, Extra Firm
- 2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Dash of salt
- Put all sour cream ingredients into blender, blend until smooth. Adjust vinegar/lemon juice for more or less tart. You can make this ahead and set in fridge (which is recommended so sour cream is cold)
- Cook desired amount of tots according to package (we prefer our air fryer!)
- Warm chili on stove or microwave
- Rinse green onions and chop
- Once tots are done, place in bowl.
- Top tots with chili, cheese shreds, sour cream, corn chips, and green onions.
- Put on this Toy Story Land Soundtrack and enjoy!
I made this recipe this morning. It was wonderful.
The only note I have is that I don’t think those are green onions on top in the WDW version, I believe they are chives.
Thank you for supplying a little fun to breakfast!