It’s time for another short festival at Epcot! A few years ago a new festival debuted, the Epcot International Festival of the Arts. This festival runs during the winter, this year from January 17th to February 24th.
During the festival there are all kinds of things to see and do. There are artists, artists booths, broadway performers, and of course food booths.
In terms of food this year, our options are slim. Which has been the case each year. With the new Plant-based push, we hope to see more options but seem to keep getting let down.
Over at Refreshment Outpost (located in between China and Germany) you can find the Plant-based Bratwurst with Spicy Turmeric Aïoli, Coffee Barbecue Jackfruit and Slaw. We were a little unsure about this, turmeric aioli with coffee barbecue jackfruit doesn’t sing to me.
My first bite I was like, okay yeah this is interesting and has lots of flavor. Then as I continued I was not into it and started taking the toppings off. It’s just a lot of strong flavors that I didn’t love together, maybe separate they’d be better. Also this single sausage was $9.50.
When I was going through the menus I saw the Vegetable Gyoza over in Japan’s Goshiki booth. However I read it as they were filled with mashed potatoes, luckily I was looking around when we were there and noticed that the mashed potatoes were on the side. I asked to see the ingredients and the dish is vegan when you get it without the potatoes.
The dumplings were good. My first one was just mostly full of onion and other mush, however my second one had several pieces of edamame in it. They were very crispy and had a nice flavor.
The sauce was a nice sweet tang, I didn’t eat the mushroom (I love mushrooms but am also very weird about them and the texture didn’t seem like it was going to work well with me).
I spoke with a chef when I got there and he said there were a few other options if we removed proteins, but I don’t like doing that because I want to put my money into vegetarian items.
Which brings me to an important note. I asked him why the Plant-based Bratwurst didn’t have the plant based logo, he said they actually completely pulled the vegetarian logos for this festival because of people being confused by the logo thinking it meant vegan. I think they were smart to do that but also could have at least labeled the plant based option to keep with that logo being used in the parks.
As far as other activities, I came across the living statues over by Mouse Gear which was neat. They are also doing a “draw with an animator” series in the America Gardens Theatre during the day then the Broadway performers come out in the evening. There are a bunch of painting photo spots that you can pop into, several have Photopass photographers.
There is a fun giant paint by numbers thing they do called Expression Section, this is located over where the Fountain of Nations used to be. The mural changes pretty much daily during the festival. You get a tiny container of paint and get to paint 4 squares. They also give you a postcard of what the mural will be. This is a great option for kids.
This is one of those festivals that definitely is just a quickie. There isn’t a ton to do during it, and if you like Disney art this is your spot because it’s basically a city arts festival but everything is Disney themed. As far as merchandise, there are a few cute Figment things to get, including some reusable straws!
Have you been to the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays? What’s your favorite part of it?
If you’re curious about the alcohol, check with Barnivore to see if it’s vegan.
Full menu list via Disney’s website (KA means Kid Approved)
The Deconstructed Dish
Embark on an edible adventure with delicious dishes that dazzle!
- Deconstructed Reuben: Sliced Corned Beef, Rye-crusted Sauerkraut and Jarlsberg Cake with Broken Thousand Island Dressing
- Deconstructed BLT: Crispy Pork Belly, Tomato Jam and Soft Poached Egg
- Deconstructed Strawberry Cheesecake: Whipped New York Style Cheesecake with Fresh Florida Strawberries and Sugar Cookies with Micro-basil (KA)
- Rainboba: Sparkling Water layered with Fruit Boba and topped with a Foam Cloud (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake garnished with Maple Syrup, a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Imagery Sauvignon Blanc, California
- Mad Genius Red Blend, California
- Deconstructed Breakfast: Twinings® Spiced Apple Chai Tea Shake with Cream Bourbon, garnished with a Waffle Crisp and Candied Bacon
Prepare to be amazed with these hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights!
- Red Wine-braised Beef Short Rib with Parsnip Purée, Broccolini, Baby Tomatoes and Aged Balsamic
- Seared Corvina with braised Ratatouille and Lemon-Thyme Beurre Blanc (GF) (KA)
- Saint-Honoré Tart: Caramel Cream Tart with Caramel Glaze topped with Cream Puffs
- Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate-Chip Cookie (KA)
- Angry Orchard Rosé Hard Cider, Walden, NY
- Concrete Beach Brewery Rosé Ale, Miami, FL
- Frozen Rosé
- Campo Viejo Rioja Reserva Art Series, Logrono, Spain
- Domaine Savary Chablis, Burgundy
- A Play on Rosé Flight
The Artist’s Table
Satisfy hunger with these savory plates—all prepared using oven and stove-top techniques!
- Beef Wellington with Mushroom Bordelaise, Fennel Cream, and Roasted Baby Vegetables (KA)
- Pan-Seared Scallop with Chorizo, Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and a Parmesan Crisp (GF)
- Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate-Chip Cookie (KA)
- Sipping Chocolate Flight: White, Milk and Dark (non-alcoholic)
- Saugatuck Brewing Co. Neapolitan Milk Stout, Douglas, MI
- Lexington Brewing Company Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale, Lexington, KY
- Lindemans Framboise Lambic, Belgium
- Barrymore Rosé, Monterey County, CA
- Carmel Road Drew’s Blend Pinot Noir, Monterey County, CA
- Symphony in Chocolate Flight: Mozart Cream Liqueurs paired with Sipping Chocolates
- Chocolate and Beer Pairing Flight
Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats!
- Sous Vide Chicken Roulade with Apples and Sage served with Warm Brie Fondue, Blueberry and Beet Gel and garnished with Beet Chip Crumbles (GF)
- Shrimp Ceviche with Lime Mint Foam (GF)
- Almond Frangipane Cake layered with Raspberry Jam and Belgian Chocolate (KA)
- Pop’t Art: Modern-design Sugar Cookie with Strawberry Filling (KA)
- Blue Sky Black Cherry Boba Freeze (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- #RainbowSherbetGlitterDreamAle by Playalinda Brewing Co., Titusville, FL
- Popping Bubbles Cocktail
- Tomato Soup Can Bloody Mary
Indulge in a gallery of divine delectables that transform dessert into a fine art!
- White Chocolate and Purple Sweet Potato Mousse, Caramel, Coconut and Maple Meringue
- Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Pretzel Crunch (KA)
- Lemon and Blood Orange Tart
- Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate-Chip Cookie (KA)
- White Chocolate Figment Puzzle on an Artist Palette (KA)
- 3 Daughters Strawberry Blonde Nitro, St. Petersburg, FL
- Breckenridge Nitro Vanilla Porter, Breckenridge, CO
- Young’s Double Chocolate Stout, England
- Biagio Moscato d’Asti, Piedmont
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Black and Blue Port, St. Petersburg, FL
- Cold Fashioned Coffee Cocktail
- Neapolitan Beer Flight
The Masterpiece Kitchen
Raise your glass and celebrate this fabulous fusion of food and wine—cheers!
- Wild Mushroom Risotto, Aged Parmesan, Truffle Shavings and Zinfandel Reduction (KA)
- Smoked Salmon and Cream Gâteau with Egg Yolk Cream, Paddlefish Caviar and Micro-herbs
- Charcuterie Palette with Artisan Cured Meats and Cheeses featuring Nueske’s ® Applewood Smoked Beef
- Vanilla, Rose Water and Pistachio Panna Cotta
- Weihenstephaner Original Lager, Freising, Germany
- Perrier-Jouët Belle Époque Brut Champagne
- The Meeker Vineyard Winemakers’ Handprint Merlot, Sonoma County, CA
- Pinord La Dama Reserva Familiar Brut, Spain
- Pinord La Dama Reserva Familiar Brut Rosé, Spain
- Classic Sidecar with a Chocolate Twist
Funnel Cakes – The American Adventure
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich Funnel Cake with Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Marshmallow Cream and Raspberry Glaze (KA)
Fife & Drum – The American Adventure
- Musical Float: Layered Strawberry, Lemonade and Blue Raspberry Slushy with Vanilla Ice Cream and White Chocolate (non-alcoholic) (KA)
Block & Hans – The American Adventure
- Arendelle Aqua Lemonade: Frozen Lemonade with Monin Cotton Candy and Ole Smoky Blackberry Moonshine
Goshiki – Japan Pavilion
- Taiyaki: Fish-shaped Cake stuffed with a Sweet Red Bean Filling served with Green Tea Chocolate and Whipped Cream Cheese (KA)
- Sushi Donut: Donut-shaped Sushi featuring Salmon, Tuna, Shrimp, Cucumber and Sesame Seed over a decorated plate of Wasabi Aïoli, Sriracha and Eel Sauce
- Vegetable Gyoza: Vegetable and Edamame filled Gyoza atop Truffle-mashed Potatoes, Shiitake Mushrooms, Pepper Strings and Tonkatsu Teriyaki Sauce (KA)
- Nomi Yasui Draft Lager
- Masu Sake in a Traditional Personalized Wooden Cup
- Matsuri Cocktail: Frozen Nigori Sake and Calpico accented with Strawberry and finished with Cotton Candy
Joffrey’s Coffee & Tea Company
- Canada: Impressionism Pairing: Blackberry Iced Latte topped with a delicious Blueberry Donut and Sweet Whipped Cream
- Showcase Plaza: Renaissance Pairing: Iced Mocha Latte served with a timeless Glazed Donut and Sprinkles
- Future World East: Modern Pairing: Coconut Iced Latte garnished with a decadent Chocolate Donut and topped with Whipped Cream and Sprinkles
- The American Adventure: Baroque Pairing: White Mocha Iced Latte layered with a Red Velvet Donut and Sprinkles
El Arista Hambriento – Mexico Pavilion
- Sopes de Barbacoa: Braised Barbacoa Beef served on Fried Guajillo Corn Shell with Black Beans, Cotija Cheese, Mexican Cream and Chives
- Agave Pork Belly: Pork Belly caramelized with Agave atop Pumpkin Seed Pesto Lentil Salad
- Frida Banana Daiquiri: Mexican Handcrafted Rum, Banana Purée and Applejack (served Frozen)
- Diego Blackberry Margarita: 100% Agave Tequila, Blackberry Purée, Fresh Jalapeño-Lime Juice served with Black Ant Salt Rim
- Mexican White Sangria: White Wine, Fruit Juices and Sweet Cinnamon-infused Tequila
Refreshment OutPost – Outpost
- Plant-based Bratwurst with Spicy Turmeric Aïoli, Coffee Barbecue Jackfruit and Slaw
- Paintbrush Churros: Cinnamon-Sugar Churros Dipped in Colorful White Chocolate (KA)
- Barrel of Monks Brewery Endless Enigma Golden Pale Ale, Boca Raton, FL
- Collective Arts Brewing Life in the Closus Hazy IPA, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- M.I.A. Beer Company Malt Bach Brown Ale, Doral, FL
- Popcorn Pairing Flight
Refreshment Port – Showcase Plaza
- Lobster Chips: House-made Chips, Lobster, Lobster Bisque Cheese Sauce, Pickled Jalapeños and Citrus Cream
- Ciderboys Zen Berry Apple Boysenberry Hard Cider, Stevens Point, WI
- Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa Valley, CA
Test Track Cool Wash – Future World East
- Assorted Coca-Cola Slushies (non-alcoholic) (KA)
The Painted Panda – China
- Spicy Beef Shumai
- Char Siu Pork Bun
- “Panda” Bubble Tea: Classic Milk Tea with Black and White Boba Pearls (non-alcoholic) (KA)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Fortune Cookie: ByeJoe Spirit, Amaretto, Coconut and Pineapple
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec
- Sea Butterfly: Butterfly Pea Flower-infused Cocktail with Lychee Syrup, Vodka, Light Rum and Magic Boba Pearls
L’Art du Cuisine Francaise – France
- Crème de Brie en Petit Pain: Warm Creamy Brie in a House-made Bread Bowl (KA)
- Tomate Farcie Faҫon Paul Bocuse: Tomato Stuffed with Braised Ribs Paul Bocuse-style
- Moelleux Aux Chocolats Valrhona: Molten Chocolate Cake with Pure Origin Valrhona Chocolates (KA)
- Trio de Macarons: Assortment of Three House-made Macarons in a Gift Box
- Frozen French Martini: Grey Goose, Vodka, Chambord Liqueur, Pineapple, Orange and Grape Juice with Lemon-Lime Foam
- Veuve du Vernay, Brut N°1, Limited Edition: French Sparkling Wine
- Vouvray, Marcel Dubois, 2018
- Bordeaux, Château Malbec, 2015
Mosaic Canteen – Morocco
- Spiced Beef with Pine Nuts and Dried Cherries, Hummus and Pita Chips
- Mediterranean Flatbread with Zaatar, Olive Oil Artichoke, Olives, Mozzarella and Feta Cheese
- Chebbakia: Hand-twisted Strips of Fried Dough coated with Honey, Rosewater and Sesame Seeds
- Casa Beer
- Kabash Prestige White Wine
- Embrace the Arak: Massaya Arak, Grapefruit Juice and Grenadine
L’Arte di Mangiare – Italy
- Insalata di Gamberi al Limone di Zagara: Salad of Poached Shrimp in Sicilian Lemons, Arugula, Shaved Fennel, Avocado, and Citrus Dressing
- Pollo ala Pirandello: Golden Chicken Drumstick stuffed with Ricotta Cheese and Pomodoro Sauce (KA)
- Rossini: Prosecco Mousse with Strawberry Sauce (contains alcohol)
- Peroni Nastro Azzurro Pilsner
- Prosecco, Villa Sandi
- Moscato Fior d’Arancio, Montegrande
- Corbinello, Montegrande
- Pinot Grigio, Santa Marina
- Merlot, Montegrande
- Amaretto Bellini: Amaretto, White Peach Purée and Prosecco
- Vodka Rossini: Vodka, Strawberry Purée and Prosecco